St. Patrick’s Snack
Happy St. Patrick’s day!
Enjoy this fresh and festive cucumber lime salad as a delicious alternative to your usual Friday happy hour chips and dip routine. Cucumber is a great choice for athletes as it is hydrating, anti-inflammatory and a good source of potassium (an important electrolyte in the body). The lime gives it a bright freshness, and the garlic more anti-inflammatory benefits. Pair it with some avocado for a little extra healthy fat, fiber, and overall yumminess. If you really still want chips and dip, chop the cucumber into small chunks and eat as salsa!
- 2 sliced English cucumbers
- 2 minced garlic cloves (or substitute ¼ small red onion, diced)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- juice of 2 limes
- pinch of red pepper flake (or substitute small diced jalapeño)
- 3 tbsp chopped cilantro
- (optional) avocado
- Whisk together the olive oil, garlic, lime juice and red pepper flake.
- Combine dressing with sliced cucumbers and cilantro. Garnish with avocado if desired.